Chatham-Kent Youth Wellness Hub
Welcome to the Chatham-Kent Youth Wellness Hub!
We are a safe, welcoming space for integrated youth services for young people all across Chatham-Kent aged 12 to 25 and their families looking for mental health and substance use support. The Youth Hub brings together existing community partners who are committed to working in a new collaborative and innovative way.
These services are integrated with a wide range of other youth services. The goal is to provide the right service in the right place at the right time.
Get to know the Chatham-Kent Hub
Previously an ACCESS Open Minds Chatham-Kent site, the Hub is now part of the Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario (YWHO) network, serving the amazing community of Chatham-Kent and the beautiful surrounding rural areas.
Chatham-Kent has a population of approximately 108,000 and it includes two First Nations communities. The hub brings together existing community partners who are committed to working in a new collaborative and innovative way, offering a “one-stop shop” for young people aged 12-25 and their families looking for mental health and substance use support.
Youth can seek support by contacting the hub via phone or email (info below) and booking an appointment. You can also drop in to the site to schedule a visit with one of our Care Navigators. During your first meeting, you will discuss a few things so youth can be connected to the right services, such as:
- What’s currently happening that led you to contact us?
- What supports do you currently have?
- What areas in your life are you looking for additional support in?
- What things are you working on right now?
The Chatham-Kent Youth Wellness Team works with youth and support individuals to make sure needs are being met.
“Running all over and meeting all these different people – it can be overwhelming. So for sure, having everything in one space working with the same people, it’s definitely a huge help.” - Youth Ambassador
Families can seek support too
Families and caregivers can become very burdened and exhausted. Sometimes they are just running on empty. We offer support through our Family Navigator to provide a listening ear and validation through this difficult journey. They are able to provide general resources and education to families and caregivers that care for loved ones with mental health and substance use concerns.
Young people inspired and co-designed our space
Our physical space reflects the desires of youth and how they wanted to embrace their community. Our hub has a “street-scape” look and feel that reflects the duality of Chatham-Kent – a feeling that’s both urban and rural.
140 King St W
Chatham ON N7M 1E2
Hours Of Operation
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- In-person and virtual services available
Mental health and substance use services integrated with a range of other youth services. The following services are offered at the Chatham-Kent hub:
- Care Navigation
- Family Navigation
- Youth Addictions Support
- Early Intervention Services
- Youth Psychotherapy
- Primary Health Care
- Single Session Counselling
- Skills and Well-being Groups
- Connections to our community partners and additional supports, groups, and programming, available as needed.
- CMHA Lambton Kent Mental Health First Response Team: 1-866-299-7447
- Humana Child and Youth Mental Health Crisis Line: 519-354-4095
Our local partners
The Chatham-Kent Hub works with the following local partners:
- CMHA (Canadian Mental Health Association) Lambton-Kent
- Chatham-Kent Health Alliance
- Municipality of Chatham-Kent Employment and Social Services
- Chatham-Kent Community Health Centre
- Family Services Kent
- Restorative Justice Chatham-Kent
- Home and Community Care Support Services - Erie St. Clair
- Humana Community Services
- Lambton Kent District School Board
- St. Clair Catholic District School Board
- Chatham-Kent Police Services
- The Mental Health Network