Chatham-Kent has a population of approximately 108,000 and it includes two First Nations communities. The hub brings together existing community partners who are committed to working in a new collaborative and innovative way, offering a “one-stop shop” for young people aged 12-25 and their families looking for mental health and substance use support.
Youth can seek support by contacting the hub via phone or email (info below) and booking an appointment. You can also drop in to the site to schedule a visit with one of our Care Navigators. During your first meeting, you will discuss a few things so youth can be connected to the right services, such as:
- What’s currently happening that led you to contact us?
- What supports do you currently have?
- What areas in your life where are you looking for additional support?
- What things are you working on right now?
Please see updated information regarding services during COVID-19 outbreak.
We continue to offer all of our services virtually and in-person Monday to Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Please call (519) 437-6329 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with services.
Mental health and substance use services integrated with a range of other youth services.
- Care Navigation
- Family Navigation
- Youth Addictions Support
- Early Intervention Services
- Youth Psychotherapy
- Primary Health Care
- Single Session counselling
- Skills and Wellbeing Groups
- Connections to our community partners and additional supports, groups, and programming, available as needed.
News & Updates
- Opened for service May 2016!
- Opened doors for service at our permanent location June 2018!
- 1 year anniversary party was held June 3, 2019
- Officially joined Youth Wellness Hubs network in January 2021 (previously known as ACCESS Open Minds)
Local Crisis Supports
Local in Chatham-Kent:
CMHA Lambton Kent Mental Health First Response Team – Provides immediate crisis supports for those 16+ 24/7 over the phone. In person appointments are available Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
- 240 Grand Ave West, Chatham, ON
Humana Community Services – Provides flexible, trauma-informed, individualized support 24/7 to children and youth up to 18 and their families who are experiencing emotional and/or behavioural difficulties.
- 103-405 Riverview Drive, Chatham, ON
Linck Child, Youth & Family Supports – Provides crisis supports for children ages 5-18 and their families, available by phone Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
- 519-352-0440 ext. 2
- 495 Grand Ave West, Chatham, ON
Chatham-Kent Sexual Assault Crisis Centre – 24 hour crisis intervention for victims of sexual assault/harassment/abuse.
- 405 Riverview Drive, Chatham-Kent, ON
Chatham-Kent Women’s Centre – 24-hour crisis counselling for women and children, available as a walk-in service and telephone crisis support.
- 20 Sandys Street, Chatham, ON
Kids Help Phone – Provides confidential support with a professional counsellor available 24/7 by phone, text or Facebook Messenger. Additional resources are also available on their website.
- Text CONNECT to 686868
Good2Talk – Provides confidential support services for post-secondary students in Ontario. Available by phone or text.
- Text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
Our service and community partners
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Lambton-Kent
- Chatham-Kent Health Alliance
- Municipality of Chatham-Kent Employment and Social Services
- Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres
- Family Services Kent
- Restorative Justice Chatham-Kent
- Home and Community Care Support Services – Erie St. Clair
- Humana Community Services
- Lambton Kent District School Board
- St. Clair Catholic District School Board
- Chatham-Kent Police Services
- The Mental Health Network