NEWS: The Rockland Youth Wellness Hub team opens additional outreach site for youth services in Embrun, Ontario
On May 13, 2022, the Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario (YWHO) team supporting the Rockland & Prescott-Russell community opened the doors of a new outreach site.
In addition to their main location, Rockland Youth Wellness Hub, and their Hawkesbury outreach site, the team has now opened a new outreach site in Embrun, Ontario. The team will offer services every second Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for youth aged 12 to 25 with walk-in or booked appointments available.
The additional outreach site provides more youth with the ability to access the right services in the right place at the right time. Youth and families in the Embrun area can receive a range of integrated youth services, including mental health and substance use support, peer support, care coordination, and more.
The Rockland & PR Youth Wellness Hub team now provide services at:
- Rockland & PR Youth Wellness Hub – 1517 Laurier St., Rockland, ON
- Hawkesbury Outreach Site – Mental Health and Addiction Regional Centre, 580 Spence Ave, Hawkesbury, ON
- Embrun Outreach Site – 649 Notre Dame St., Unit 203, Embrun, ON
Please check the @Rocklandyouthhub social media channels for more information, dates and times, services, and how to get in contact.
Phone: +1 613-577-7219
NEWS: YWHO’s Guelph team (“The Grove”) opens an additional location at the University of Guelph
YWHO’s Guelph team (“The Grove”) opens an additional location at the University of Guelph to address the mental health and wellness needs of local youth.
The following release was issued from The Grove on June 17, 2022
“The Grove”, the group of seven Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario sites that reside in the Guelph-Wellington area announced the official grand opening of a new location.
As of June 21, 2022, The Grove will now be providing services at the University of Guelph, which will be a safe space for youth where they can access the mental health support they need and be empowered to take control of their own wellness journey.
The Grand Opening event will take place on June 21, 2022, and will feature remarks from local youth, dignitaries, stakeholders, and community partners on the impact this new location will bring to the community. This grand opening is an important milestone for the Guelph and Wellington region, as these communities have seen a major increase in the need for youth mental health support.
With the addition of this hub, mental health supports will be more accessible to local youth than ever before.
- What: Grand Opening of The Grove – University of Guelph. Attendees will learn about the Hub’s vision to address the current mental health and wellness concerns facing local youth in Guelph and Wellington County.
- When: Tuesday June 21st from 10:30 a.m – 1:00 p.m.
- Where: 50 College Ave W, Guelph, ON – Reserved parking available at the University of Guelph P30 at the corner of College and Smith Lane. Signs on the main road and around the parking lot will be in place to direct attendees to the event.
ABOUT THE GROVE
The Grove Wellington Guelph is a collaborative project, with the aim of providing youth ages 12-26 with the support they need to build positive, bright futures. The goal of The Grove is to build a more effective health and social service system, through integration and collaboration, to better meet the needs of youth in Wellington County & Guelph. Hubs include seven locations and feature the benefit of “one door,” with sites networked together. At each site, youth will be given access to programs and services that provide guidance and support for the future. From education and career support, to counselling and peer-to-peer programs, The Grove facilities will provide help and encouragement to every youth in the Community.
The Grove Hubs will include 7 sites throughout Wellington & Guelph:
- The Grove Youth Wellness Hub – Palmerston
- The Grove Youth Wellness Hub – Main Place Youth Centre – Erin
- The Grove Youth Wellness Hub – Fergus
- The Grove Youth Wellness Hub – University of Guelph
- The Grove Wellness Hub – The YMCA of Three Rivers – Guelph Location
- CMHA Waterloo Wellington – North Guelph
- Shelldale Family Gateway